Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

When used in my car, I get a coment that I should update my

Customer Question

When used in my car, I get a coment that I should update my tom.tom. I have tried to do it on my Appe computer many times. This is not a new tom.tom, but it did come with free updates. Any suggestions? On the base it says CN14644. Also C Mo GK2346814160. The numbers are minuscule and my 75 year old eyes aren't fresh, but can you help? Or do I now own an antique? It does help me take shorter routes. Thanks***@******.***
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your device.

When I look up that Serial Number (starting with GK), that tells me that this is a TomTom XL 350, AND that the "TomTom HOME" program should be used to get any updates that are available for the device.

So let me give you a link to where you can get the LATEST version of TomTom HOME loaded onto your computer, then you should be able to run that program and connect the device (via USB cable) when instructed, and then perhaps update the device.

NOTE: It is recommend that the device be FULLY charged before starting the update process.

Click here --> Software for TomTom update.

Once on that page, click on the TomTom HOME icon, and then download the Mac version of the program.

NOTE: There are instructions on that page once you click on the TomTom HOME icon.

Please give that a try and let me know if you have any issues with that process.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)