Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Garmin Foreunner 620 will not pair with Connect on iPhone

Customer Question

Customer: Garmin Foreunner 620 will not pair with Connect on iPhone 5S. Get device connection error.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When trying to pair Forerunner 620 with an iPhone 5S, the watch connects to the phone, the passkeys match but instead of pairing, I get an error that says pairing failed. device connection error
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes oh...already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Connect mobile app
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your question.

First, try pairing the Forerunner with a different phone - if it pairs ok, this confirms that the Forerunner is working correctly.

Try force-closing all other apps on the phone in case they are causing a conflict. Un-pair the Forerunner from the phone, shut down the phone, restart it and try pairing the Forerunner again.

Let me know if that works or if you need further assistance...

Best,

Pete.