Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

, My garmin 2460 gives speed warning. I did not turn

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My garmin 2460 gives speed warning. I did not turn this feature on but cannot turn it off. I checked info provided but had to push vehicle instead of car and just get a picture of the car
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to GPS Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI Are you actually working on my question or am I going to have to wait? I do not have 24 hours as I am leaving on a trip.
Thanks
Victor
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome. Sorry for any delay.

It appears that some of your question may have been cut off, so may I ask EXACTLY what is happening - having to do with the speed limit (if that is your question)?

Are you getting a visual or audio alert at times?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Greg
Thanks for getting back to me
There is a "beep" actually a double beep when I exceed speed limit. very annoying on a long trip.
the instructions on your site do not work on my GpS as the instructions do not match the settings on my gps
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, as mentioned, it is an audio alert not visual
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - can you give me a link to the instructions you are referring to?

Or perhaps just a summary of what you are seeing (or saw)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi There is a link on the landing page for this question
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - let me know if the following are the instructions you are seeing:

Start at the MAIN screen and do the following:

1. Touch Tools
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Navigation
  4. Touch Car (If the device is a dezl 560, choose the relevant vehicle as necessary)
  5. Scroll down to Audible Speed Alerts
  6. Touch Enable or Disable

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
mine does not say "car" it says "automobile" and when I try that setting it does not have audible speed alerts, that is why I contacted you with problem
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Automobile should be fine.

Did you SCROLL down (or up) using the arrow buttons and see if there are ANY "Alert" settings that can be seen?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HI
I have:
nuroute
map detail
map view
Map theme
map data layout
vehicle
trip logproximity points
auto zoom
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

OK - those ALL look like "map" setting options.

Do you have any others when you go to NAVIGATION?

Please start at the MAIN screen and then touch Tools, then Settings, then NAVIGATION and let me know what is there.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi Greg
GPS just died so I had to go to the car. Computer does not want to work so far from base.
I did mention all that I saw above
I think we may be unable to solve problem as we end up at the same area without the information we need.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

If you have a USB power adapter (and cable) you can charge and power the device INDOORS - by connecting to that adapter (device will NOT operate normally when connected to a computer USB port).

If you can do that, I think I may have found a "work-around" - which is to ADJUST the speed limit for the roads where you get these warnings.

NOTE: I am NOT saying it is OK to exceed any speed limit, and that is always the driver's responsibility.

The work-around is similar to the steps shown in the following video.

Click here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-yhc7omjMY

Also, the device in the video is operating in "simulate mode", so if you KNOW what roads give you these warnings, you could do the same - ahead of time - so that you don't have to take your attention off the road to make the adjustment.

Here is the TEXT description on how to make this adjustment.

On the map screen:

1. Touch the Speed limit icon
  2. Touch Set Speed limit
    • Skip this step on some devices
  3. Adjust the speed using the up and down arrows
  4. Touch Save once the desired speed limit is selected

The updated speed limit will now display for this road.

NOTE: After performing a master reset and/or map update the adjusted speed limits will be erased.

Please let me know if you can SAFELY make these adjustments on your device.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Greg
Got different charger we are now back in business. thanks for info above. I will work on this.
Thanks
Victor
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

You are quite welcome.

Please make sure you are SAFE (and legal) when doing any of the procedures.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)