Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My nuvi 2595 does not come on when I press the start button

Customer Question

my nuvi 2595 does not come on when I press the start button ,what could be the problem???
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?
2) WHEN this issue first began?

Thanks

(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
while plugged in to my computer it suddenly started up,i don,t know why but it seems o.k. now so sorry for having bothered you. joe v.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joe,

Depending on the age, the battery in the device MAY be getting a bit weak, and had lost its charge.

OR - the device went into "sleep mode" (it does that to save power), and had to be connected for a while - to give it enough charge to wake up.

In any case, I would recommend FULLY charging the device, then switch it OFF by pressing the power button for 3+ seconds - so that it switches all the way off. Then wait a few seconds and then try to switch the device ON again (press & HOLD the power button), and then check the battery icon (top-right of the MAIN screen), and make sure it shows that it is charged to a good level.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or issues with the device.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)