Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have broken my screen, where do I take to get fixed?

Customer Question

I have broken my screen , where do I take to get fixed ?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) WHERE are you located (approximately)?
2) The AGE of the device?
3) Do you know HOW the screen was broken?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see any response back, but I wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the evening.

I asked the above questions to find out if you are anywhere close to the Garmin Repair center, which is located near Kansas City, MO. and if it might still be covered by warranty.

If not covered by warranty, the repair center does have a "flat rate" repair offered for this particular unit, and you can get a price quote at the following page. Once on that page, select your model from the pull-down list (to get your quote), and then scroll down the page to see the rest of the process (including the address of the Repair Center).

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

NOTE: I'm saw a quote of $89 just now, and considering that cost (plus any shipping), you MAY want to consider replacing the unit with a newer model (the Nuvi 50LM is no longer made). I only mention this because I just did a search on Amazon for similar units, and found a Nuvi 56LM (includes USA & Canada Maps), for about $99 (its "on sale").

Here is a link to that particular unit --> Click Here

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)