MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

My 2729 will not respond to voice command.

Customer Question

my 2729 will not respond to voice command.
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make of your 2729 unit?

How old is your 2729

Also does it get a lot of use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
garmin one week old no

Thank you for that information. As long as you have it set to listen for voice commands, it should hear and respond to your commands. If it isn't, doing that there is unfortunately a defect in that unit. It has become a problem recently with a bad batch of this model # *****

They are aware of the issue and they say the fix is to return the device for an exchange. So far i have helped 7 people with the exact same issue and the advice is to return it for an exchange because everyone of the customers who did return this one for a replacement haven't had any further issue with their new Garmin.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do,but atleast they will exchange it free of cost to you;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael