Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a nuvi 2797LM which is about 20 months old. The

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 2797LM which is about 20 months old. The screen shows "the battery is low". It has power when it is plugged in to the car. It recently stopped working altogether. Does it need a new battery? Can I change it? Dick
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. It's possible the charger has failed as well, do you happen to have another you can try with? They sometimes still provide enough power to use the device but not enough to charge the battery when failing. Trying another charger or even trying a different device with this charger would rule that out. After that it would mean you would have a battery that needs to be replaced which you can get here: Click Here There is a video on that same page which shows how to replace it. The battery comes with all tools that would be needed. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Garmin.