MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

How do I hard start reinstall factory software

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for my Magellan 9165T GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no reset button on the unit
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Tech Michael I can help.

First tell me what the unit is doing?

ALso how old it is and if it acted up in any strange way just prior to this event?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was acting strange so I went to the GPS site and I did a backup and restarted and it went out no screen at all so I tried everythinig to get it going again but no luck
I just need to know how to hard strart/reinstall OS software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unit is 3 years old

Thanks its Thanksgiving so out hours are a bit weird lol.

How old is your Magellan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 years old

Hi thanks for that info, sorry for the delay.

What will your GPS unit so now when you turn it on?

This will reset your unit.

please watch this video, the link is pretty long and the guy in the video is out there lol, but he has some good advice.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEVzhQHVpWCdEAHA9XNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTkwMQRncHJpZANadWQxNEEwY1E3cTM0WVlZdEhzeUpBBG5fcnNsdAMwBG5fc3VnZwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMwBHBxc3RyAwRwcXN0cmwDBHFzdHJsAzM5BHF1ZXJ5A01hZ2VsbGFuIDkxNjVUIEdQUyBob3cgdG8gZmFjdG9yeSByZXNldAR0X3N0bXADMTQ0ODc0NjM1Mg--?p=Magellan+9165T+GPS+how+to+factory+reset&fr2=sb-top-search&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1

Also to perform the reset simply do this:

Depending on the power switch your unit was designed with follow the instructions below:

Slide Switch If your unit has a Slide power switch then slide and hold the power switch in the off position for more than 8 seconds.

Push Down Power Button If your unit has a Push Down Power Button for a Reset pin hole on the bottom or on either side of the unit. Take a pin or an end of a paperclip and insert it into the hole and push in until you feel it pop slightly, hold it for 10 seconds. Your unit will reset itself.

Reset Power Switch If your unit has a Reset Power Switch then it will have a three position power switch (Reset, Off, On), if this is the case slide the switch to the reset position and hold it for 10 seconds to perform the reset.

If you still have issues please let me know I will continue with you as there is more may be able to do;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete,

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

There is no cost to rate ;-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael