Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I need to update maps garmin of 2007. Is this possible?

Customer Question

I need to update maps for gps garmin of 2007. Is this possible?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

It MAY be possible, but let me ask a few questions first.

May I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with?
2) The operational status of the device (does it still work well & gave good battery life - with the current maps)?
3) What map AREA do you currently have installed in the device?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nuvi 200/250/270
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
190-00752-0 revisie A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works perfectly but not up to date
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
europe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that.

OK - it looks like those numbers are coming from a document of some kind - is that correct?

If so, can you grab the actual device and tell me the Model that is printed on the device OR the Serial number (usually printed right next to a "bar code)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14G581840
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - let me look that up.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

OK - that comes back to a Nuvi 250, which a bit old, but let me check to see if the maps can be updated OR a map card (SD card) for Europe can be used.

Back soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can i stop payment after this issue is solved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course the 45 euro but not monthly payment...
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm still looking for the map solution.

We experts don't have access to ANY of your private data, but you should be able to check the "My Account" (or "Account") link on your side of this system, and handle any payment options or "plans" that you may have signed up for.

You could also contact customer support here.

Getting close to finding the map solution.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any success?
Sleeping time here. work tomorrow...
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

OK - I located a pre-programmed Europe Map card (SD or microSD/Adapter combination) that should work in your device.

This is a link to the Garmin UK site, and you MAY be able to purchase the map card directly from there, but you MAY be redirected to the Garmin site for your area.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-europe-nt/prod6299.html

When you get to that page, make sure you select the "microSD/SD card" option - in the pull-down selector if you intend to order from that page.

And if you like, you can double-check that the Nuvi 250 is on the "Compatible Devices" tab (I see it on mine).

Also, depending on what kind of shops and stores you have in your area (that carry Garmin GPS devices), it is possible that they could have a card in stock - and you could purchase it there.

Installation is simple - just plug the card in (with power off), boot up the device, then check that the maps on the card are "enabled". After that, it should work fine.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any trouble with the links.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you... will try...
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Very good.

Please let me know your results - when you can - or if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)