Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

GLASS BROKEN,CAN IT BE REPLACED

Customer Question

GLASS BROKEN,CAN IT BE REPLACED
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? The number you supplied looks more like a "device ID" (which does not tell us the model).
2) The AGE of the device?
3) Is the glass physically broken, OR is the screen just not responding to touch?

4) Are you interesting in trying to repair the device yourself, OR have someone do it for you?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I didn't see a response back to my questions, but wanted to send the following information.

There are usually two ways to have the screen replaced, which is by Garmin - via their repair service - and by a third party. So I have links to those two places, where you can check to see if your particular model can be repaired, and the cost. Then I would compare that cost to a new device, and see if it is better to repair or replace.

Click Here --> Garmin Repair Page

Once on the page, select your Model from the pull-down list, to get the price quote, and then scroll down to see the rest of the process.

Click Here --> Third Party Repairs

On this page, look for the "Request Quote" button on the left of the page, and submit your information to get a quote.

NOTE: These folks get very busy at times, so if you see "Schedule Full" on the quote page, come back a couple of times each day and REFRESH your browser screen - to get the request page to appear.

If you want to check the prices of newer units, I have a link to a search I did on Amazon, showing the current "Nuvi LM" devices (come with "Lifetime Map" updates).

Click Here --> Search Results

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)