Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I've got a astro 320 that i left the batterries in and it

Customer Question

I've got a astro 320 that i left the batterries in and it won't show details of sd map i've got installed for southest region? I tried to clean it best i could. I would like to know if there's a authorized dealer that i can send it to close by,I live in Florida..
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before I can send you the details of a nearby Authorized Garmin repair center, can you provide your zip code?

And also, there are a few steps we can try together to repair the device before sending it off for a repair. So in your reply please let me know your zip code, and also how long you have had the device, roughly.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
32347,about 2 years.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Since its over 2 years old, the device repair would be out of pocket. According to Garmin's repair page that model ( 320 ) has a flat rate repair cost of 170$

If and when you want to proceed with an authorized repair, you can use this link http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

Id like to try some repairs with you and attempt to avoid that expensive repair cost or replacement cost http://amzn.to/1NZryzD

Lets try a master reset first..

To perform the master reset:

1. Turn off the Astro
  2. Press Map, Enter and Power simultaneously
  3. Wait for Astro to power on
  4. Release Power
  5. Wait for the message Do you really want to erase all user data?
  6. Release remaining buttons
  7. Select Yes

Astro 220 or 320 is now reset. Leave the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.

Once that's complete.. Start the device and let me know if it can see any map?

If it can, but you cant see the southeast TOPO map or a secondary map you added. Let me know if you have more then one map loaded onto your SD card.

On a side note, its not mandatory that you and I try and fix the device before you send it off for a repair. But I'm willing to try repairing it with you, if you're willing to work with me.

Should you encounter any issues with the steps above, please send a detailed reply so I can assist you further as needed.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned on as usual and no map, and i only got one map downloaded on mini sd card.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Question.. When you tried the master reset procedure.. Did it ask you to clear all user data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tied numerous times and it didn't ask me to clear all user data.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

The steps can be a bit difficult.. lets discuss them. With the device off you have to press and hold these three buttons

1. Press Map, Enter and Power simultaneously

Then, when it powers on, keep holding map and enter, but release power.

If you keep holding those two buttons, does it ask you to erase all user data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, i put brand new batteries in and it worked that time!
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Excellent.. So you were able to reset it.

Now how about the maps.. Is it showing the maps again? If so, please dont forget to submit a rating, to show that I was able to assist you.

if its still not showing maps, but we were able to reset. Please reply so we can continue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.