Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I just got a garmin approach 3 and it won't charge. I

Customer Question

I just got a garmin approach 3 and it won't charge. I cleaned the post .
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you connect the device to the charger or computer, what is displayed on the screen if anything.

Where did you purchase this device from?

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

what did you use to clean the pins/post

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it new on ebay. Nothing shows up on the screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the posts with alcohol.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, lets try a couple of things. First try a soft reset. With the device hooked up to the charger. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. If it does not work, lets try a hard reset.

Press and hold the score button. While holding the score button, try and power on the device.

If that does not work, the cable may be faulty or the power source may be faulty. Try plugging it into the wall adapter if it came with one. Try different ports on the USB.

If that fails, then I am afraid the device is bad internally. All garmin units come with a one year warranty from Garmin but you usually need proof of purchase. eBay does not count as proof of purchase unless you bought it a major retailer that is selling on ebay (ie. best buy). At this point I would email the person you bought it from on ebay that the device is not functional and you need to return it.