Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do i set speed limit as 100k an hour on our new garmen

Customer Question

How do i set speed limit as 100k an hour on our new garmen dezel 770
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

you cannot change this as it does this based on the actual speed limit of the road.

So it will do this based on the roads speed limit.

If you want to turn it off or on

1. Touch Settings
  2. Touch Map & Vehicle
  3. Scroll down to Audible Speed Alerts
  4. Check or uncheck the box as necessary

But you cannot change the limit, its part of the actual map.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any trouble with your new device.

If you are referring to changing the "units" displayed by the device (such as kilometers per hour vs. miles per hour), then that can be done in the "Units & Time" settings screen.

To get there, start at the MAIN screen, touch Settings, then Units & Time, and then the Units button, and set the device to your desired setting.

But if you are referring to changing the actual limit(s) that are used for specific roads, then that value can NOT be changed, as it is part of the "data" that is stored in the device. That data is provided by the "data companies" and may change IF the data companies find an "official change" for a particular road, but such a change can often take many months to make it into the device data, which is only updated a few times each year.

As a reference, I have a link to the manual for this system below, which you may not have received with the device. The Unit & Time settings are mentioned on page 17 of that manual.

http://static.garmin.com/pumac/dezl_770_OM_EN.pdf

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)