Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have and edge 810. Just purchased South Africa maps,

Customer Question

I have and edge 810. Just purchased South Africa maps, downloaded it to my SD card but the device is not "seeing" the maps.
However, immediately after completing the download, I lost my connection so when I disconnected the garmin from my laptop (as instructed) and waited for it to turn back on automatically, nothing happened and in fact the garmin was frozen for a long time...
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any trouble.

When you mention that you "lost connection, immediately after completing the download", that has me a bit concerned that ALL of the files for the maps MAY NOT have been completely written to the memory card.

So may I ask of you performed the "safe removal" of the card BEFORE physically removing it from the computer or card reader?

NOTE: The "safe removal" process is where you "eject" a removable media device from the computer - before physical removal.

Also, did you check the Map Information screens on the device, once the card was installed, and make sure the new maps were seen by the device AND "enabled"?

As a reference, I have a link to a video that shows how to install "pre-programmed" microSD card on these devices, and check the Map Information screen.

Click here -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6L91YMJSk

Note: The maps shown on the video are NOT for South Africa, but the concept is the same.

If the maps can NOT be seen when the card is inserted, you MAY have to do the download to the card again, making sure to use the Safe Removal process at the very end.

Please let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)