Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I am installing a Nuevo 2798lmt. GPS works fine. The

Customer Question

I am installing a Nuevo 2798lmt. GPS works fine. The wireless transmitter when powered activates the backup camera with the guidance lines but does not pick up video. I have re-paired. I have also tried a second camera and wireless transmitter that I paired with the GPS. I have also restored the GpS unit to factory settings. I'm stumped.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

How is the camera wired up?

Where does it get its power from?

Do you have a voltmeter available to test and confirm it is getting voltage when activated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The camera will be powered by tapping into the reverse hot wire and a ground so the camera kicks in when you put in reverse. When I wrote the question it was plugged into a 12v lighter socket in the back of the jeep. I checked and voltage is as just over 12v.