Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I need to send in my nuvi 255W stops booting up and shuts

Customer Question

I need to send in my nuvi 255W stops booting up and shuts off. I think it needs new internal battery DC connection port appears to be in good working order. I also need maps updated having trouble accomplishing that, I am not sure if I need assessor connecting devices to down load most current US road maps. I believe I need to get a RMA#, and a Dock# I have the mailing address in Olathe, Ks that the request the units be sent to.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

May I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?
2) WHEN this issue first began?

If you have not found it already, I have a link to the "Out of Warranty" repair page for Garmin devices below. On that page you will find a pull-down selector, where you can select your specific model number and get a quote - if repair is available. There is also contact information (phone numbers) for customer service, who you will need to contact to get the numbers you mentioned.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

NOTE: If that page says that repair is "N/A" (Not Available), I would still give the support folks a call, and see if that is correct. I say this because sometimes the website does not match what is actually available for service.

Also, if you do find that repairs are not available at the Garmin site, I know of another 3rd party service that MAY be able to do the repairs for you. I have a link to their main page below.

Click Here --> GPS Repairs

Once you see that main page, look at the TOP-RIGHT of the page to see if their "Shop Status" is set to "Open for Business". If so, click on that link there, to bring up the Request Quote page. Then as quickly as possible, fill out that page and send it in, making sure that ALL the information there is accurate (especially your email address).

I say as quickly as possible because they only do batches of repairs each week, and if you don't get that quote request in, you may have to wait another week (or more).

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)