Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

Have just bought BMW S1000XR and had a R1200GS and wheel

Customer Question

Hi have just bought BMW S1000XR and had a R1200GS and wheel does not work on BMW Navi IV and trying to update operating software to get this to work can you help?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

The BMW Navi IV updates are available from the following site:

http://bitli.es/Mrm8QO

But you mention having a problem with a "wheel". Can you please tell me what you mean by that if it is what you need help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
On my BMW s1000xr there is a multifunction control wheel on left handlebar which is supposed to operate various functions on my Navigator 4 satnav. It's made for BMW Motorrad for their bikes by garmin.
The wheel should zoom screen in and out when turned plus do other functions when held or clicked left or right. Mine doesn't seem to work. It's been the same on two bikes so I believe it's the nav 4 and not the bike at fault.

Have you gone to the site I provided above to make sure you have the latest software? There is no incompatibility of which I am aware.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.