Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

I have a problem with my Garmin nuvi 2455LMT

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with my Garmin nuvi 2455LMT
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My device won't really turn on. It only shows the initial GARMIN logo (with nuvi 2455, copyright 2014 underneath) but does not proceed further it is stuck there. The computer does not see the device. Before this happened, I had problems with charging. It became progressively difficult to charge it from the car. It was as if the connection was loose and the charging would get cut off. Now I am trying to charge it from computer and from cell phone charger but cannot get pass the initial screen. I am not sure it is charging.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, remove the charger and hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the charger, check if it charges and if it now starts.

If not, tell me if the computer now detects it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, it did not make a difference. Do you have other tips?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again, I did what you suggested but the problem was not solved. Any other tips?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** was quite some time before you replied and I was not online.

Can you do the following please

Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
Power on the device while continuing to hold the display
Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
Touch Yes

Then tell me if it now functions after setting it up please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, this did not work either. I do not get to "Erase all user data" screen.
It gets stuck on Garmin logo (and even that disappears after a while).
Also, that logo does not always come on. I need to wait for some time to get it.
It looks to me there may be a physical damage at the charging port.
Do you still have another trick or idea to try?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall on the Logo when it goes to access it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you