Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a RoadMate 1412 - purchased in 2011 - (not used very

Customer Question

I have a RoadMate 1412 - purchased in 2011 - (not used very much) I went on a trip and it worked great but all of a sudden it stopped working. The screen stuck on the place where I was, and I tried it many times since then and it won't work. Please advise on what I should do? thanks Also wish to update my map (it is a free map update unit) and I can't remember my password ***** how to go about doing this.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, lets try updating the software on the device to see if we can get it working. Once we get the device working, we can discuss map updates, if available for that unit.

You can download the update from here.

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=49&nav=0,16,19,120

Once downloaded, connect your magellan to your PC, then open and run that update.. It should install the newest software onto your magellan.

Once installed, disconnect the magellan and turn it off, then back on. Will it work normally now?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.