Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Garmin Nuvi and several years ago I purchased a

Customer Question

I have a Garmin Nuvi and several years ago I purchased a lifetime card. How do I get the new maps, etc. on my Nuvi, please.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Do you still have the card you purchased, or did you use it and register your nuvi with a garmin account. If you did then it should be connected to your email.

If thats the case, then all you need to do is download the garmin express program from here. And then install it

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Then, connect your Garmin to the computer, turn it on. Garmin express should recognize it, and then it will prompt you to install the software, and map updates.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.