Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin nuvi 2000w series will not turn on and display any

Customer Question

my Garmin nuvi 2000w series will not turn on and display any maps or directions. I've had it charged to my computer for 48 hours and all i get is a black screen saying Garmin and a small picture showing it id being charge, but can't get into any programs, what do i do to elimate address already on and insert new address.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

May I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) WHEN was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?

3) If removed from the charger, does the device power up at all (anything showing on the screen) if you push and HOLD the power button (up to 30 seconds)?

4) Can you double-check the Model of the device for me?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

.

I only ask because IF this is a Nuvi 200W, and it more than a few years old, the symptoms you reported sound like the internal battery may be worn out and needs to be replaced. Fortunately, you can get a battery kit (battery & tools) to do the job online, and it really not that hard to do. As an example, I have a link to a listing from Amazon below, and a link to a video that shows how the job is done.

.

Nuvi 200w Replacement Battery Kit
http://amzn.to/1Vbq1ve

Nuvi 200w Replacement Battery Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzjH5EsIGQ

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)