Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask:
1) The AGE of the device?
2) WHEN was the device last used SUCCESSFULLY?
3) If removed from the charger, does the device power up at all (anything showing on the screen) if you push and HOLD the power button (up to 30 seconds)?
4) Can you double-check the Model of the device for me?
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I only ask because IF this is a Nuvi 200W, and it more than a few years old, the symptoms you reported sound like the internal battery may be worn out and needs to be replaced. Fortunately, you can get a battery kit (battery & tools) to do the job online, and it really not that hard to do. As an example, I have a link to a listing from Amazon below, and a link to a video that shows how the job is done.
Nuvi 200w Replacement Battery Kithttp://amzn.to/1Vbq1ve
Nuvi 200w Replacement Battery Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzjH5EsIGQ
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****