Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

I have a 2010 Toyota ghlander Hybrid w/ JBL Nav set up

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid w/ JBL Nav set up (E7015). I accidentally cracked the display screen by (stupidly) attaching a suction cup mount to it. Now the touchscreen works in some areas but is inoperable in others. I found an OEM screen only on eBay (for $139) that looks like it has a connector cord attached. I'm wondering if you think just replacing the touch screen (and recalibrating the system) will work, and if so, I'd love to track down some written or video directions for how to DIY, because I'm pretty handy...
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Michael.

I would like to make you aware that the OEM screen alone might not do the trick....if you think the Digitizer might be affected as well by the incident, then try to find out how much would it be for both parts....it's a 50/50 change you might need both.

Let me know if you need any further advise.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The product I'm looking at seems to be both touchscreen & digitizer in one, so I'm a bit confused by your answer. Here is a link to the replacement part I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-8-0-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-for-2008-1013-Toyota-Highlander-Navigation-/111764622637?hash=item1a05b0cd2d&vxp=mtr
The product info is also attached.
Thanks

That is what you want. The reason I mentioned this is that they are sometimes sold separately, and you have to be very careful not to get just the display or just the digitizer, because bonding them together is all but an impossible DIY job. This has both, and it is the correct part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks. Finally, any advice as to where I can access install instructions for this part (or how complicated it is)? I've struck out so far googling and YouTubing....!

It isn't very difficult, actually. Basically, just a swap - unplug and plug... it should have instructions with it. But if it doesn't, and you run into any questions, just come back and let me know.