Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.
In order to update the device, there ARE a few things that are needed or recommended, which I have listed below.
How to Update Garmin Nuvi Unit Software & Maps.
What is needed?
1) A WORKING device with some previous version of maps installed.
2) A computer and USB cable (to be able to connect the device to the computer).
3) A microSD card (or microSD & SD adapter) of 4GB or 8GB (maximum) capacity. This MAY be optional, but is HIGHLY recommended.
4) A current copy of "Garmin Express" installed on your computer. This is Garmin's recommended program (tool) for doing any updates, including device software AND maps. If you need to get a copy of Garmin Express, use the link below.
Click Here --> http://software.garmin.com/express.html
5) A HIGH SPEED internet connection (dial up is NOT recommended).
Using the above components, the device software and maps can be updated.
NOTE: Depending on the AGE of the device, the maps MAY have to be purchased.
Please let me know if you have or can get the above components, and then I will send along the instructions for doing the actual updates.
Thanks, ***** *****
P.S. I see that you have requested a phone call, but I do not have a phone line I can call you with or receive a call at this time. But we can continue here with no additional charge.