MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I have a Nuvi 1490T and just bought a Nuvi 2797 LMT. When I

Customer Question

I have a Nuvi 1490T and just bought a Nuvi 2797 LMT. When I was installing it, it said it would take about 3 hours to install. After about 2 hours it just would not install any more data. I let it run for 4 more hours and it did nothing. I unplugged it and turned it on and it seemed to work, but I could not get my favorite's from my 1490T so since I didn't have any instruction that came with the 2797 (except the Welcome and Safety and Product Info) I went on line to print off instructions form the Garmin 2797 site. It pulled it up, but would not print.
Can you help me - I don't believe I have the complete installation on my computer for the 2797. If possible I would like to handle this over the phone. My number is *****
Thank you,
Jim XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim yes these things can have this issue, sometimes its actually ok, but sometimes it didn't complete the full download.

I will send you a phone service request so we can talk about this and I can hear from you what you did and I will explain to you what happened and if your unit has a problem or possible connected tot the incorrect site for the update as can happen quite easily.

Please accept the offer and I will call you promptly at your convenience.

Thanks Jim and have a nice day;-)

Tech Mike