Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

I asked a question and didn't know I would have to pay

Customer Question

I asked a question and didn't know I would have to pay for the answer... But I am desperate. In central France and the Nuvi 2545 won't show me the way. It's like it only has a bit of northern France in the device. I bought lifetime updates and so far all they have done is get me lost. I need help, and I don't want to pay much. Or at all.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll pay, but I need help now! Am stuck in a hotel in France and won't know how to get home unless I get an answer very soon.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The key to getting this working is to get Garmin express to startup and not freeze when you launch it. What operating system are you running Garmin express on? If you're running on Windows what I would do is run the startup configuration and disable anything that you don't need immediately – you do that by clicking on your start menu and then run and then typing msconfig and then enter. Uncheck anything here that you do not need starting up with the computer. Then try running Garmin express again to see if you can get it running. If it will not run just by clicking on the icon, right-click on the icon and select run as administrator. If it still doesn't work, then you may have to uninstall Garmin express and then reinstall it. It should not really be possible to only have a small part of France on the maps so I suspect that your map update has yet to complete on the device.