Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

How do I register a nuvi 55lm person that does not have a

Customer Question

how do I register a nuvi 55lm for another person that does not have a computer?
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The procedure for this is as follows

The last owner must call Garmin Customer Service at(###) ###-#### ***** 8AM - 5PM CST. The last owner must have the new owners contact information and I recommend that the new owner set up a Garmin account in advance at My Garmin This will allow Garmin to automatically place the registration into the new owners account. The last owner should have the name, address and the My Garmin user name of the new owner before calling. He should also have the unit serial number and all unlock codes for the software that had been registered including any map update disks. The last owner can then tell the Garmin customer support who the registration should be changed to. I don't not know if it is possible for the seller to call Garmin in advance and have the registration cleared so the new owner can go through the registration process as if it was purchased new once the unit is received. (if anyone has input on this let me know)

You can set up her account via your computer for this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.