Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I cannot get my golf buddy WTC to lock unto satellite?

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Try updating the firmware on your GolfBuddy: http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/media/updates.asp

Also try downloading the latest courses to your GolfBuddy: http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/support/downloads.asp

Then leave it turned on outdoors for up to 15 minutes and let me know if it acquires the satellite signal successfully?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PeteWebb site on updating the firmware has been removedDownloaded the latest courses - nothing that I can find about how to solve my problemPushed the right upper button - a picture appeared in the upper right hand corner showing a search for satellite might be going on. No connection after 30 minutes. Tried 2 times. Will try again tonite.Dave
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

both website links are working normally here.

What do you mean by the website has "been removed"? Do you get an error message when you try to load it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
Website to get firmware works this AM. Last nite I got a printed message that "website has been removed. No longer available" This seemed to come from someplace other than golf buddy. Anyway I did log on today - the only instruction it gave was to push "up" button and I would be logged on to the nearest golf hole.Last nite when I tried this again ie push the up button, in the left upper corner on the display a small image of a blinking satellite appeared. After 15 minutes this went away and the golf buddy image referred back to the watch mode. Time was wrong as it has been now for over a week.This morning I tied to download the G3Manager from the 2nd web site you gave me. it downloaded, but when I try to open it to read it wont let me. When I click down load a note comes up "do you want DECA to make changes" I click yes and it seems to accept my response - but then every time I click "open" on the download I get the same message "do you want DECA etc"Wish I hadn't bought a golf buddyDave
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

Those problems appear to be related to the web browser you are using, rather than the GolfBuddy website.

Let me know if you need remote assistance with this.

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PeteHave been out of town - I think that I will be able now to use GPS on golf course?????? Will see tomorrow. But so far have not been able to set timlet you know by FridayThanksDave
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

Let me know how it goes, or reply back if you need anything else.

Best,

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PetePlayed golf today - couldn't get the Golf Buddy to lock in - - May have been the course was new and not yet on GPS????Cant set time on the golf Buddy either - any ideasDave
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

You can check if the course should be available by looking at the following website:

http://www.golfbuddyglobal.com/courseLibrary/

If you have installed the latest updates and the course should be there but it isn't working, then the GolfBuddy has a hardware fault, and will need to be returned to a service center for repair.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

Is the problem now resolved, or do you need any further assistance?

Pete.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave,

I haven't heard back from you in a while - do you need any further assistance with this question?

Pete.