Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a Garmin hand help ETREX. The words and #s displayed

Customer Question

I have a Garmin hand help ETREX.
The words and #s displayed are fading and I can't read them anymore. I can get a new GPS but my fear is losing the numbers already stored in the unit.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue with your GPS.

You didn't mention the EXACT model of your Etrex, but MOST of the devices come with a USB or other connector that allows you to connect the device to a computer - as transfer any "waypoints" or tracks you may have stored in the device to a computer file.

For these units, there is a program called BaseCamp that can be used to get those waypoints from the device, and then transferred to a different device.

Please let me know if you have a device with a USB connector, and can get that program onto your computer and communicate with the device.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)