Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

My Garmin GPSmap 76S turns on (the screen lights) but

Customer Question

My Garmin GPSmap 76S turns on (the screen lights) but nothing is showing on the screen. Is there anything I can do to restore the screen? I haven't used it in a few years.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Please try resetting the unit which I do have a video to help you as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btl03-amInQ

If that does not work or nothing comes on the screen because it does not show anything, this means the unit would need to be sent in for repair or replacement. Since the screen lights up it is most likely not a backlighting issue but and actual display/board failure.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.