Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  ASE cert tech for over 12 years, Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional
20508815

I have a garmin 530 non WAAS. I downloaded the current

Customer Question

I have a garmin 530 non WAAS. I downloaded the current database for the US, Low Altitude, Terps, etc. a couple of days ago and put the card into the 530 backwards. Wouldb't fit obviously, so put it in correctly. On turning on the 530, I get a kalidascope of rectangular colors in a small center expanding in size on the screen. I can open the 530 for Comm Features with the card out, and put the card in and receive a no database information available. The card is a female receptacle fitting on pins for various aspects of the 530 or so I think. there appears to be no damage to the card female end, scratches, etc. Using another card with same data which is interchangeable produces the same result. Do you have an answer to what might be the problem?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You will need to inspect the card bay as it sounds like possibly the pins became damaged from the card going in the wrong way, does not mean this is the problem just one of the things to check as it is the most likely. Also check that nothing is stuck inside the bay.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.