Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have a 910XT that will not run on. It's fully charged, but

Customer Question

I have a 910XT that will not run on. It's fully charged, but when I hold/press the power button it vibrates, but does not come on. This has been going on for 2 weeks. I bought the watch last year.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your device.

May I ask if you checked the contacts of the charging clip AND the contacts of the device?

It is sometimes a good idea to clear the contacts with alcohol and a lint-free cloth every few months.

Also, can you tell me how long you attempted to charge the device over the last two weeks?

I only ask because I want to make sure the device is NOT in some "low power mode", and might need a "reset" to get out of that mode.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response to my last note, but wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the night.

If you need to do a reset, I have a link to a video that shows how to do a reset and what to expect if you do it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER3zk72UBHU

Also, if it does work, you will need to take your device OUTSIDE (in a clear area) for at least 15 minutes so that it can find and lock on the satellite signals again.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

P.S. I should be back on again in about 8-9 hours, if you have more questions.

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)