MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

G'day to you I have aGarmin Nuvi 760 which has not given me

Customer Question

G'day to you
I have aGarmin Nuvi 760 which has not given me any trouble. When I used Garmin Express on my Widows XP (Support by Garmin of XP stopped) to update my maps, Garmin Express started to download new maps when it crashed my computer. Nothing was done or touched by me. After I rebooted the computer. Garmin Express had gone. My 760 hasnot worked since. It was not seen by my computer. It froze with continuous "Loading Maps" for hours. I left it alone noe for 4 weeks and it goes through and continuous cycle evey 10 seconds turning on and off over and over again. It shows the start up screen "Garmin Powered by Whereis"
Peter
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery in Nuvi was fully charged.
I have been doing same thing for several years without any problem.
I have other Garmins and they still operate OK on my Windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Nuvi 760 has been going for 60 minutes, without any power connection, through a 10 seconds cycle 3 seconds off 7 seconds on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you press and hold the bottom left screen with slide to right the cycle changes to 3 seconds off and ~ 60 seconds on. Let go of the screen or slide to left it foesback to 3/7 seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My 760 is the best of all my GPS.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

What you are describing is a very bad sign, how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lead a very busy life herein Oz.
I looked at the computer screen for a couple of hours waiting for an answer and gave up. Saturday and Sunday have been busy. I haveonly turned on Internet 8PM Sunday. Age should not really make a difference? The Garmin Express messed up the 760. The Internet is full of very unhappy ex garmin GPS owners.
Peter
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It seems we are in different time zones I will opt out and open this to all experts. Please do not rate.

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi Peter, I will help you. You are correct, I am here if you would like to chat about this issue.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 2 days the Nuvi stopped turning itself on and off 3 sec / 7 sec cycles. I switched it on and again back to 3 secs off 7 secs on
Peter

Thank you for your patience.

This problem will unfortunately require service to fix.There is an IC that has failed and that component needs replacing.

It requires specialized skills and equipment to replace that part as it is surface mounted.

There is a great place to have this repaired.aplease visit the site below or simply call them to set this up.

They are excellent with the repair and cost and well as being fast with there service.

Please see: http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

or call: Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####

I will stick with you until this is complete, please rat ekindly at this time there is no coat to rate and it is the only way we are compensated for our time and expertise with you.

Thank you and have a nice week Peter!

Tech Michael