Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of GPS devices and systems
32989067

My Garmin nuvi 1450 will not turn on or off, and it will not

Customer Question

My Garmin nuvi 1450 will not turn on or off, and it will not work when connected to a computer, the word "Garmin" remains constantly on. Is it repairable
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer can not locate device after dozens of "retry"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to turn it off once disconnected from the PC
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

I am not sure if you have done this step, so please let me know but can you try the following please.

1. Remove the battery and wait several minutes.
  2. Install the battery.
  3. Press and hold (and continue to hold) the bottom-right corner of the screen while powering the unit on.
  4. Continue to hold the screen until the "Do you want to erase all user data?" prompt appears.
  5. Press "yes" and the unit will reboot. This resets all your location settings and user preferences.

Let me know please if it now starts please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was unable to locate an opening to remove the battery, it appears to be sealed within the case.
Powering on and off. I turned on the GPS with my thumb in the lower right corner, and the nuvi would not turn on. It did go on after I removed my thumb. This is a portable Garmin nuvi 1450 for use in a car or walking. I only use it in the car with a power cord..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you