Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. GPS Expert.
23511658

I have a 2012 dodge ram and my gps quit working.

Customer Question

I have a 2012 dodge ram and my gps quit working. ser#1C6RD7PT9CS222329 Can you help me with this?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

When you say it stopped working, what exactly do you mean? Are you unable to turn the entire unit on? Or is it just not going to navigation when you select navigation. There could be a firmware upgrade for the vehicle. And the firmware upgrades are generally done only by the dealer. What I would suggest doing is calling the dealer from which you purchased it and first ask them if there is an upgrade available for your built-in navigation. If it is not built-in navigation but is a third-party product, that will be different. So if that's the case, let me know what you have and we will go from there. The upgrade is usually something simple – it's usually just a disc that they put in to do the upgrade, but it often requires that they input certain information that only the dealers have. If you still have questions, just let me know and provide me with whatever additional information you can.