Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I plug in my Garnin GPS and it stays on seconds then turns

Customer Question

I plug in my Garnin GPS and it stays on for 20 seconds then turns off. I git a new powercord because the old one fell apart.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your GPS.
May I ask the AGE of your device and WHEN this issue first began?
May I also ask if the battery in the device has EVER been replaced and if so, when was the last time that was done?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response from my first questions, but wanted to send the following information before I take an afternoon break.
If the battery in the device has never been replaced, I suspect the old battery is the cause of this issue.
You can get a replacement battery online, along with the tools to do the job. I have a couple of links below - to the kit and a video that shows how the job is done.
StreetPilot c550 Battery Replacement Kit listing on Amazon
http://amzn.to/1LnWZkb
StreetPilot c550 Battery Replacement Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2pFloDPGgM
Please take a look at the video to see if you (or a friend) can do the job. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)