Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

When I try to run the Garmin 600 Trainer on my Windows XP

Customer Question

When I try to run the Garmin 600 Trainer on my Windows XP desktop system, The program will not connect to the simulator program for the GNS 530W. Any suggestions?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I would like to suggest:
- if you are trying to get a trainer simulator to connect to a simulated device, make sure the two are compatible. Make sure the simulated device is 'running'... or restart the computer, start the simulated device, check that it is 'running', then try to connect to it.
- did the two programs ever work together? if so, something has changed to make them incompatible. Look at the Installed Programs and Updates list in Control Panel, sorted by Date, and also recollect what you have done to the system lately.
- lastly, Windows XP is well into 'Obsolete' status, not just obsolescence. The platform itself, and its lack of security (essentially) may mean any type of malware has gotten into the system and is interfering with operations.