Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a Garmin nuvi 1490T. It stopped giving traffic

Customer Question

I have a Garmin nuvi 1490T. It stopped giving traffic conditions a while back and now has started to reboot on its own. I bought it in 2013 (I think)
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
Do you have Garmin express installed on your computer? When it reboots on its own, at what point does it do it? While the device is routing? When your inputting information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While I was waiting for your reply I plugged the nuvi into my laptop, downloaded Garnin express and updated the nuvi's system and maps. I'm hoping that at least eliminates the rebooting that was happening while it was being used in the car. I won't know until tomorrow when I use it whether the traffic avoidance feature is working.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Alright sounds great that was exactly the advice I was going to give you. Also there are additional updates for the traffic receiver. To get those, open Garmin express and then click tools. Scroll down a bit and you will see additional updates. Look in there and you should see an optional update for "GTMXX" and that should fix your traffic receiver.
If that still does not do it, you can perform a master reset which fixes most issues. To do that, turn the device off. Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the touchscreen. While holding, turn the device on and continue to hold. When you are prompted to erase user data, tap yes and the device will restart.
The hard reset will erase your favorites however you can back them up in Garmin Express. Please let me know how things go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I'll let you know how it goes.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
No Problem.