Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

My Magellan RoadMate model 9050-LM mostly parked under

Customer Question

my Magellan RoadMate model 9050-LM mostly parked under car-port, car used very little.
GPS not used at all for several months. when I tried to use it, it was stuck on the last
operation,and the touch screen was nonperative. It is out of warranty by a few months.
Is there any possibility of repairs, or is it now A throw away, and buy another one the
only option. It was purchased in the spring of 2014.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for question, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

There is one thing you can try and thats updating the Magellan device. To perform the update, follow these instructions by clicking here.

If that doesnt fix it that I am afraid you are out of luck. There is no calibration procedure for the touchscreen on these units and your only option will be to send it in for repair. Your device is out of warranty, each warranty comes with a one year warranty and most likely the repair will cost more than the purchase of a new unit.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no success. unit is stuck in present location, cannot go to menu. I will assume its A throw away unit now and buy
another one.thanks for the help . I got the answer I was expecting.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we couldn't get any further but with electronics like this it happens. If you need some guidance on picking a new unit to replace it with I will gladly help you. Just tell me what your looking for in features.