Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a garmin zumo 450 gps motorcycle. while out riding

Customer Question

I have a garmin zumo 450 gps for my motorcycle. while out riding today, the screen locked on the map location and with not allow me to turn on/off, zoom in/out, access menu or anything else. it is locked on one screen. how do i get it back to normal funcioning?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Many times, the Zumo just needs to be reset, similar to a computer or any other electronic device. So lets try this first. If it doesnt work, youre welcome to reply and I will assist you further as needed.

Start with the zumo off.. Hold down the + button. While holding that button, Now hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Then, turn on the device normally. Then, hold the plus button and then hold down the power button for another 30 seconds with the device turned on.

Now turn it off and on. It may ask you to set its language, country and location again. Once thats complete. It should be working again.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.