MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have 12 years of experience servicing all GPS models.
11519491

I purchased new Garmin Nuvi ye3sterday and by m,istake keyed

Customer Question

I purchased new Garmin Nuvi ye3sterday and by m,istake keyed in Italian as the language. I was trying to key in Italy as a destination. How do I get back to using english
Category: GPS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi and good morning,

selected the wrong language and wanted to get back to English. We’ve had a few similar emails recently from Garmin owners with the same issue, so here is a tutorial for the Nuvi. Note though that the menu structure changes a little bit across the different Nuvi models, so we’ll show the instructions here on a couple of different models.

Nuvi 200 Series Example

Start by turning the Nuvi off if it is on, and then turn it back on so that you are certain you are back at the main menu. The main menu is pictured at the right, click on the wrench icon near the lower right to enter the configurations menu.

Once in the configuration menu, click on the “gears” icon near the upper left corner of the menu, it should be there at the top of the list. This is the Settings menu.

This next menu will be a little bit more difficult to navigate in a different language. Click the down arrow once, and then select the second item from the top of the list. In this case you can clearly see that it says ‘Language’, however you might have to hunt a little. Again it should be the second item in the list afteryou have clicked the down arrow once.

Now that you are in the language menu, the second item in this list is the ‘text’ menu. Changing this menu first will make it easier to change back any other settings that might be incorrect. 😉 Tap on the button to the right of the second item in the list to bring up the list of languages.

Finally, in the Language menu scroll through the list of languages until you see ‘American English’. Select that item and then click the ‘OK’ button at the bottom. Your Nuvi should now look a whole lot more familiar to you.

Also if this doesnt help please visit this site page: http://www.gpsreview.net/back-to-english-with-garmin/

Please let me know if this helps by rating kindly;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael