Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am trying to up date my maps on my c580 but the site keeps

Customer Question

I am trying to up date my maps on my c580 but the site keeps telling me it is no operating
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Before we can update the maps, there are a few subjects we need to cover. First, you need to make sure that you update the internal software in your Streetpilot C580 first. The page below contains the free software update.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=3597

At the bottom of the page click to agree with the download. And on the next page it will allow you to download the update.

Once downloaded, connect the Garmin to your computer via its USB cord. And then open and run the update file we downloaded

Once that is complete. I need you to send a reply letting me know what type of computer system you have.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

We will continue once the update is complete and you have sent a reply mentioning what type of computer you are using.

Thank you,

Dustin S.