Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Tterythank you

Customer Question

tterythank you
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.
It looks like most of your question got cut off, so may I ask if you can resend your entire question again?
And if at all possible, please try to include the Make & Model number of the device you are referring to.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a nuvi650, and a nuvi2557lmt.Both seem to be in need of batteries, windshield mounts, and power supply cords.Please inform me as to how, and where I can send these units for tear. Thank you, ***** ********@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg
So far ,it seems as though you are unable to help me.
All I really need is to know how and where I can send my GPS units to have the parts that I require replaced.
Thank You.John Kirichenko.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi John & thanks for that information.
Sorry for any delay - I've been having connection issues.
As for "somewhere to send" your devices for repair, the only official place to send the units would be the Garmin Repair center. BUT, there is a "process" that you have to go through before they will accept the devices for repair. This is because some devices (like the Nuvi 650) may be "too old" to be repaired or there may be not parts available to do the repairs.
Also, if the devices are out of their warranty coverage, it may be less costly to simply replace the unit(s) with newer models, especially if you need extra accessories (like mounting hardware, cables, etc.).
Here is a link to the "out of warranty repair" page for Garmin, where you can check if the device(s) can be repaired, the quote for cost, and the rest of the details about the process.
http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
Once on that page, simply select the model number you are looking for from the pull down list to get your quote (if available) and the rest of the details for them to be able to accept the device(s).
Please let me know what you decide or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)