Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 that I have used while

Customer Question

I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 that I have used for years while training for and walking in the Susan G. Komen 60 mile 3 Day event. This year I am experiencing some thing new from my Garmin. It will run out of battery at the 1-2 hour mark during training. Can I replace the battery is so how? If not can I send it away to have the battery replaced and get it back before September 13, 2015?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

The battery can be replaced at home. Do you know how to use a soldering iron or know a friend that knows how to use one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that equipment and knowledge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I get the battery from Garmin or at the local electronics store?
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

OK awesome.

You can purchase the replacement from Amazon. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/700mAh-361-00026-00-Battery-Garmin-Forerunner/dp/B00AOLFDR0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay thank you
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Garmin no longer provides support for the Forerunner 305.

I can type out the instructions, but i will give you a link to a video which contains detailed instructions on carefully opening the device, replacing the battery and how to close your device.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQTHF76B6A

That is the link to the video on replacing the battery.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

I hope this information was helpful, if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, have a great night and good luck on your Susan G. Komen 3 Day event. Also please take a moment to rate my service. Additionally, if you have questions while your doing the job, please come back and ask and I will gladly clarify anything you need clarified.

Regards,

Sijad