Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a nuvi 2555lmt. I was driving to my destination and

Customer Question

I have a nuvi 2555lmt. I was driving to my destination and all of sudden it changed from English to German and at the same time there was no voice.
Could you please help me solve the problem?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It may be that the language settigs was accessed accidentally. Or it could have been a software glitch or error. The fix should be simple though.

You need to shut down the unit, then start it while holding your finger on the bottom right corner and then when it asks, select yes for clear all user data.

The video below will show you the process.

https://youtu.be/DPGtTyOt-Hw

After its reset, it will restart. Then just select English as your language and you will be good to go~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.