Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Giving Directions to wayward GPS devices for over a decade. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Nuvi50 and want to upgrade the program. I only have

Customer Question

I have a Nuvi50 and want to upgrade the program. I only have a charger connector for my car. How do I "hook up" my Nuvi50 to get new maps, etc?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To upgrade your Nuvi you will need two things. A windows or mac computer with an internet connection.

And you will also need the data cable for your Nuvi to connect to the computer. Since you dont have one, you can order one here at a discount.

http://amzn.to/1f1Jjzx

Once you have the cable, all you need to do is download and install t he free garmin express program from here.

http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html

Once you have installed that program on your computer. Start the Garmin express program.

It will ask you to connect your nuvi to the computer and turn it on. Once you have done that, It will let you install any and all updates available, with a few clicks.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.