Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Purchased maps update. Went thru download, only to find out

Customer Question

Purchased maps update. Went thru download, only to find out that it didn't happen. The re is more than a half of memory still available on Garmin. How can I update my maps?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

If you have already used Garmin Express without favorable result, please tell me more about the case, using the Reply function... such as error messages when you try to access map update, etc. Also the age of the Garmin device, the model #, the source of the map update, the name of the file, and how you tried to apply the update, is important to the case.