Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just bought a nuvi55, I thought it had Alaska maps, but

Customer Question

I just bought a nuvi55, I thought it had Alaska maps, but when I used it today, it didn't recognize any place, what do I do?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.

You hardly need to be told, basically, that your Nuvi needs updating. If you have a computer, either a Windows PC or an Apple, available, that should be easy enough to do.

(Note that updating may 'refresh' the software and make indexed information available again that is already there but has been lost owing to partial corruption of indexing etc.)

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page. (If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.) And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.

Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device.

Let me know how it goes, please. And let me know if the problem is completely solved by the above instructions too - I like to hear that things are working properly owing to my advice. Thanks.