Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

How do i access maps on my GPSmap 60CSx in Basecamp v4.5 on

Customer Question

how do i access maps on my GPSmap 60CSx in Basecamp v4.5 on a mac?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
Are the maps already installed on your computer or are they only on your Garmin device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are installed on the GPS device. I am trying to install the same map in Basecamp.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basecamp does not see the maps installed in the sD card of the device
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. In basecamp click view, then map product and tell me what is displayed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Mac version 4.5 of Basecamp does not have the menu item you reference. No maps are evident in the program other than the standard global map. I have the North America street maps loaded on the GPS unit. It is the street maps that I cannot add to Base Camp and these are the maps Basecamp cannot see.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK The maps may need to be install on the computer for the Garmin application to see them. Give this a try.
Connect the device to the computer Open or Launch Garmin Express if the application does not start automatically
If you do not have Garmin express, you can download it from here: http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express-download.html#mac
Mac: Launch Garmin Express from the Applications folder or Spotlight
Select a device that has the desired map update
Click Map Options
Click Install to Computer
Click Accept
Click Install Update
Alternately, you should be able to log in to your myGarmin account at Garmin.com and then click the myMaps tab. There you should have an option of installing your maps to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Garmin express does not support the GPS Map 60 CSX. I have also tried the Map Updater route as recommended by Garmin. This program also, cannot see my maps.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
The card you have installed in your device, is it a card purchased directly from garmin or is that a card that you downloaded maps to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The map is a download to my SD card.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you login to your myGarmin account and then click the myMaps tab, you should be able to download the map to your computer. Login and please tell me if the option is there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep tried that also....a few times. My Garmin demands a device be attached i.e. a GPS. This defeats the purpose of using this route to obtain the map.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK I am sorry I am out of ideas. I will open this up so other experts can look in on this questions to provide a better answer or guidance.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you, If you still need help with this issue.

When you can, please send a reply and let me know if you were able to resolve the issue, or if you still need further help.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.