Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a intelliroute TND rand mcnally gps and it froze up

Customer Question

i have a intelliroute TND rand mcnally gps and it froze up on startup. i tried to reset it but it just turns off and back on to the same screen. the charging light flashes red and green. Can you help me please.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Please understand that this is a technical problem and we are going to try a few different things to try and revive the device. The problem could also be internal to the device. Lets see if we can revive it. First, do you have a USB cable? Second, how old is the device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a usb cable and the device is about 1 yr old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer want recognize the device message comes up when I connect it to the computer.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
What is the message you receive when you try to connect it to the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB Device Not Recognized
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit will not turn off when power button is pressed either. Device don't seem to be charging either.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Alright, with the information provided I believe the device to have an internal failure. If they device is less than a year old it may still be covered by the manufacturers warranty.
One more thing to try, if you have another computer you can connect it to give that a try. Without being able to connect it to a computer properly, we can't check the internal software for failure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how replace the battery in the TND 710 GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can the battery be replace and how
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. The battery can be replaced only if you have another unit to cannibalize the battery from. You cannot purchase a battery for this unit. Even then, it would require special tools such as a heat gun to open the unit and a soldering iron to replace the battery. I would rate the level of difficulty more towards the difficult side than the easy side. If you are savvy in soldering irons and heat guns, you may be able to find a broken unit from eBay to cannibalize the battery from. Before I continue with detailed instructions on how to do this, do you want to still attempt a battery change?