Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  5+ years repairing various GPS models.
61965098

I have a model nuvi2497 that I purchased in UK last year. When I purch

Customer Question

I have a model nuvi2497 that I purchased in UK last year. When I purchased it I was informed that I had lifetime upgrades. I have returned to my home country Australia and wish to include Australian maps on the unit. Please advise me how I can do this. I do not wish to remove the UK and all of Europe maps from the device because I will return to UK and Europe next year. I do wish to make use of the navigational aid in the meantime in Australia.
Category: GPS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to join for a monthly subscription. I wish to have an answer to my question with advice and no more charge. I do not want a monthly subscription.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
The lifetime upgrades are for the UK maps only. The Australian maps will have to be purchased separately.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/maps/on-the-road-maps/city-navigator-nt/city-navigator-sup-sup-australia-new-zealand-nt/prod116482.html
The link above shows you the maps you need. You can purchase them on microSD card or just download them to your device. I recommend purchasing them on the microSD card since your Europe maps are on your device and it is likely you do not have enough space for Australia maps. The link i provided is for the US site but if you log in to the Australia site for Garmin you will find the exact same product. Also, almost any major electronics retailer that carries Garmin units should have maps available for sale if you do not wish to order them online.
Once you get the microsd card, simply insert it into your device and turn it on and you will have the Australian maps. If you choose the download method and it asks you to clear your Europe maps to make space, it will be safe to do so. Your lifetime maps will for the Europe maps will allow you to reinstall the maps at a later date if desired.
If you have any questions about the information I provided please let me know. Im here for any follow up questions as well.
Regards,
Sijad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a reply to my question thank you. Mt belief was that I was contacting Garmin direct, Garmin itself, not a third party. Please do not proceed with ant continuing obligation from me. I have contacted my credit card provider to make certain no debit to my account occurs. I provided a good faith deposit of $5 to activate the matters as this is your process. You offer a 7 day free trial and this is what I subscribed. I will not pay because the answer I have is no more than I received from a local store. I believed you may have had superior advice which is clearly not so. Thank you.
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but there are not that many different ways to get maps on your device. I will forward your question for closing.